Monday, May 7, 2018

BIRDMAN'S COMING, WONDERBOY SHOULDN'T SWEAT IT

Source: Abbie Parr/Getty Images North America
Just an update on Greg Bird. He is making his way back, and it's possible he could be up with the club soon.  Hey Tyler Austin... You da man. You've done everything right. I wouldn't sweat a thing.

SNY writes:

"Bird went 1-for-3 with two walks in his first extended spring training game Monday as he looks to return from ankle surgery. Bird, who underwent surgery on March 27, is in his sixth week of his recovery process and is expected to need 10 to 14 days of rehab appearances before he makes his season debut with the Yankees. "

Source: Elsa/Getty Images North America
Now it's unclear when officiallu Bird will be back, but I gotta tell ya... Austin blends in well, and for crying out loud, he's paid his dues.  I like Bird, but I hate the disruptions. Austin has done his job and earned his spot. I asked the Yankees... keep Wonderboy there!

While I'd love to see what Bird has, I don't feel it right that Austin be moved when he returns. Bottom line, I hope not.

Stay tuned.


Shop BYB

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017