Thursday, September 29, 2016

"TEX! YOU DONE REAL GOOD, KID!"


Mark Teixeira is almost out the door, but Mark Teixeira wants us to remember him!

Last night with the Yankees down 3-1 in the 9th inning, Mark came to the plate with the bases loaded and 2 outs.  Trust me when I tell you... I didn't think he would do it.  I really didn't.  But he did... and it was big.


Mark hit a Tex Message to deep center field in the bottom of the 9th.  It woke up the Yankee fan base, the Yankees themselves went nuts and in the end, the Boston Red Sox couldn't clinch in our house.

I was very happy, and so was fellow BYB writer Mike O'Hara:
It should be noted that as much as Mikey and I rip on Tex, we still know he's capable... we still know he's a decent hitter, we just think it's more frustrating than anything and want the guy to perform to the best he can.  Well... last night he did at the right moment.


At that point I went to bed, promising myself to wake up this morning and give you this update.  While most of you already know about the amazing news... we at BYB wanted it on record.  We are happy for Teixeira, very happy.  It was a gorgeous hit and it just goes to show when this guy is healthy... there is no one better.


Congrats to Mark and the New York Yankees... what a huge moment... and we live another day.

Final: Yankees 5 - Red Sox 3 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017