Saturday, May 30, 2015

THE YANKEES - RABBITOHS EXCHANGE


The idea was simple. The day I wrote THE YANKEES & THE RABBITOHS SIDE BY SIDE back on March 30th, I decided to make it a quest to find myself a Rabbitohs hat and wear it in America. After all, the Rabbitohs were an Australian Football club and Joey and Charles Moses, read HERE, made me a fan.

Well, I searched high and low for the hat above. I could not find it on Amazon, on any Sports merchandise site... I couldn't even find it in New York City or Modells, or any place. I had nothing.  I was annoyed.


Then I thought for a moment. I remember when I wrote that piece about Charles Moses seeing the Yankee and Rabbitohs shirts in the window, the store was in Sydney. It was a sports store called Mick Simmons Sport. I started looking there, and then, next thing I knew I was finding anything Rabbitohs I wanted! That's when I got the message from Joey.  He saw the BYB Rabbitohs piece. "Great work. You're a Legend."

I love that he calls me "a Legend." I'm not gonna lie, I get a kick out of it.  Joey's a great dude and like a brother to me.  We speak all the time and I like that he appreciates what we do here at BYB.  I wrote him back on Facebook about my hat search... I hit a snag:


Hmmm. "Leave it with me."  What was this dude up to?

A few weeks later, that hat you see in the header was in my mailbox. Airmail... from Australia.  Not just 1... 2. Needless to say, my wife and I wear Rabbitohs proud all over town these days.  It's awesome and the hate fits and looks terrific!


In return, I packaged up something special.  A Bleeding Yankee Blue shirt, and a #BYB tank for his squeeze.  In fairness to Joey, he insisted... no... HE DEMANDED I not send him a thing. But that's not in my nature.
(Buy from our BYB Store HERE)
And so, now we're even because that's my brother over there, he took care of me. I don't forget stuff like that. It's what class is.

So that's my story about the Rabbitohs hat and a guy who I call a good friend.  I'm thinking about taking a vacation to Sydney, Australia.  I think it would be pretty cool to visit.  Plus, I have my second family out there... Charles and Joey Moses and their great family.



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017