Thursday, August 28, 2014

MOTOWN WALK-OFF & THE YANKEE FIZZLE

Damn those Motown Cats! Damn you Yankees! We were close to going extra innings, maybe even winning this game today... but we didn't. We didn't because it's what I call Yankee Fizzle.  It's that offense that dies, just when you think we have a shot.


In the bottom of the 9th, with Shawn Kelley on the mound, Alex Avila singled on a fly ball and the winning run came home.  Not the game I wanted to see, but it is what it is. 


Does it surprise me? Not really. The Yankees have broken my heart alot this season.  I'll just accept it... and it sucks!


The Yankees had 5 hits and 2 runs today.  Hiroki Kuroda went 7 innings, and gave up only 2 runs on 4 hits.  He did his job. Once again, the Yankee offense could not help Kuroda or themselves out.  We left 4 on base. 


In the 3rd, Jacoby Ellsbury singled knocking in Zelous Wheeler.  In the 4th, it was Brian McCann grounding out, but in the process, knocked in Martin Prado.  For the most part, the runs we had were grinded out, but we needed a big rally.  We needed to be smarter and we needed to give the team a chance.  We couldn't break the Tigers pitching today and it was a real eye opener.  Trust me, if we can't do it now, what makes you think we can do it in the playoffs? Wait... did I say playoffs? Hell no... not with this team.

The way this Yankee offense fizzles is a big problem and had been all season. It's disappointing.  I hope to God we can fix it... I just don't think we can't, not now... it's just too late.

Final: Tigers 3 - Yankees 2

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017