Sunday, June 29, 2014

WOULD YOU LIKE DAVID PRICE ON THE YANKEES?


Did you know that the Yankees are "heavily scouting" David Price?  When I first read about it, I laughed out loud. I mean how often do rival teams really trade players with each other?  But then I was thinking about the future and wondered if, something down the road could happen. Don't know what I mean? Keep reading...


Look, it was reported this week that the Yanks were looking at Price.
Now,as you can see, it's not like the Yankees are front and center here... there are a ton of teams involved... many are NOT division rivals... the Yankees are already behind on this trade rumor.


Then Brendan Kuty of NJ.com wrote this:

"The Yankees need starting pitching, with starters CC Sabathia, Michael Pineda and Ivan Nova each on the disabled list. Fill-ins Vidal Nuno, David Phelps and Chase Whitley have mostly filled in admirably, but each have been rocked at times. Price might be the piece the Yankees need to keep it together."

Now, that's all fine and good, but what the hell do these writers think us fans are... stupid?  I mean, what are the chances of Price coming to New York? It's my opinion that chances are slim as hell. I mean he's already talked about how he hates the trade talk:

"I mean, obviously I think about [a possible trade]... That's why I've been in a bad mood the last week and a half. I think about it. You guys know that. And it's nothing I really want to talk about."


Right, plus, I think I remember Price saying he didn't want to come to New York because of the beard policy. You remember that stupid story right? We wrote about it in  IF THE DEAL'S RIGHT, YOU'LL SHAVE, Price said then, "I wouldn’t stay there very long then... I wouldn’t sign a long-term deal there. Those rules, that’s old-school baseball. I was born in ’85. That’s not for me. That’s not something I want to be a part of." Read HERE.

Look, the whole thing's silly.  Sometimes I wish that these stories didn't come out.  All it does is peak the interest of Yankee fans... usually for nothing. I mean, yes, it's interesting... but it's my opinion that this is all about nothing.

Now, if you're asking me if I want Price on the Yankees... of course the answer is Yes.  But I believe, that that only happens in a free agent situation.  Don't get all excited ladies and gentlemen... I just don't truly see this as a story.

Do you? Comment.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017