Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I JUST FELL OFF MY CHAIR IN HYSTERICS


No, I'm not in hysterics because Jon Heyman just wrote something on CBSSports.com.  I'm hysterical because Ervin Santana, one of the only top free agents still out there, suggested that he still wants a 4 year deal worth $50 million.

Heyman writes: "Top remaining free agent starter Ervin Santana's asking price hasn't dropped with spring training starting; it remains about four years and $50-million, according to executives with interested teams.

The market has shown that the going rate for better starting pitchers is $50 million for four years, with Matt Garza and Ubaldo Jimenez signing for exactly that figure and Ricky Nolasco getting $49 million for four years."


Now, is it out of the question that Santana will get a deal like this? No, not at all. But I just can't imagine that this far into Spring Training that Santana would be asking for that.  It seems ridiculous to me.  Why not sign with a team for a 1 year deal, show them and the rest of Major League Baseball what you still have and then sign a big deal next year? I mean, Santana is still young, relatively... that's not an outrageous suggestion.


Anyway, I'm not gonna get on Santana too badly here.  I actually like the guy and I like his stuff.  Plus, he follows Bleeding Yankee Blue on Twitter, so, what's not the like?  All I'm saying is, baby steps. Especially this late in the Spring.

That... or take the season off and come write for BYB Ervin... we'll take you.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017