Tuesday, April 30, 2013

THE BEST STEAK SANDWICH EVER

I love food.  That’s a fact.  Couple that with loving the food at Yankee Stadium and we have a serious problem.  When I go with my buddies, which is very rare, we’ll watch the game, but we fuel up on steak sandwiches, hot dogs, the pull pork sandwich with the Carolina sauce, maybe a few hush puppies if there’s time and we even have searched for turkey legs.  Read QUEST FOR TURKEY LEGS! for context on that.

The other night history happened.  I am not even sure I remember the score of the game that night.  My friend walked up to me with paradise in his hand.  As he entered his seat, I was fascinated.  “What the hell is that?” I asked.  I was drooling by the way. Meanwhile, I had a pull pork sandwich in my hands, yet, I was a slobbering mess, I needed more.  “It’s a Lobel’s steak sandwich on top of French fries.” Sure… it was a heart attack ready to happen, the steak juices dripping down into the fries gave the whole damn thing flavor, but I wanted it.  Meanwhile I was a quarter done with my own sandwich.  The new Yankee Stadium will do that to you.  As you enter the food court, bring a big wallet and each station may be better than the last.  It’s paradise.

What’s the point of this? Try it.  Try everything over at the "House That Jeter Built", because while some may criticize the New Yankee stadium for not being  like the old one, I disagree… it’s better.

Sure the old Yankee stadium had the history, but let’s face it, it was too small to house that many people… the New Yankee Stadium is progress.  Bigger corridors, more bathrooms and the best damn food ever.  What would you rather have, steak sauce dripping onto your fries or dirty water dripping from the exposed piping in the ceiling throughout the old Yankee Stadium…. It’s progress, and the food is great too!

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017