Sunday, March 31, 2013

THE GREAT BOB TURLEY HAS DIED


I just wanted to mention that we lost a Yankee great. Bob Turley died of liver cancer on Saturday at the age of 82.

In 1958, Bob Turley won the American League Cy Young as well as being the Yankees World Series MVP.  He played 8 years with the Yankees, from  1955 to 1962.  While with the Yanks, he had a 82-52 record with a 3.62 ERA.

The New York Daily News (HERE) had an interesting nugget I wanted to share with you.  According to the Daily News: "Turley’s post-baseball career was actually far more successful than his playing one. He made a fortune as an independent life insurance salesman in Atlanta. 'When I make a decision, it’s my own,' he said in a 1975 interview. 'I don’t rely on anyone else. I sink or swim by myself. It’s like a pitcher shaking off a catcher. There’s no going back on yourself.'"

You gotta love that mentality of Turley.  Rest in peace Bob... rest in peace.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017