Thursday, June 28, 2012

YANKEE "TEAM" WIN BECOMES "TEAM" LOSS AFTER SOLID NOVA OUTING

I never like blaming my Yankees for a tough loss. You can blame Clay Rapada or David Robertson, you can blame the offense for not hitting in enough runs, but it is what it is, a tough loss and not only that, this was a bad team loss. We looked like the Mets. I was all ready to write something brilliant about how Ivan Nova will carry the New York Yankees in the absence of CC Sabathia and Andy Pettitte. I was ready to suggest that young Ivan Nova was a work horse tonight and stepped up big time when we needed him and you know what? He did.

The Yankees should not have lost this game tonight. It was a clear win with big mistakes.DRob was in a tough spot, Clay shouldn't have thrown to second. You can look at it now and Monday Morning Quarterback...it's probably not even fair to do. Bottom line, I'm a fan first and I hate to see my guys lose. One thing I do know though...they will be back. You bite your lip and take your lumps and you come back tomorrow.
First off Nova. A really great outing tonight spoiled by Joe's binder creeping in. Nova went 7.1 innings, allowed 6 hits and 1 run. He struck out 4. Brilliant. He really stepped up and I love it. When the binder crept in Girardi mixed and matched...Boone Logan came in followed by Cody Eppley and Clay Rapada and David Robertson.
The offense was there, Alex Rodriguez, Robinson Cano and Mark Teixeira each had 1 RBI. Cano's been helping this team every single game. He's always involved. That's the sign of a leader. Mark Teixeira hit a solo shot tonight. ARod and Cano each cranked doubles. Was it enough? Some may say no, some may say yes. Alex also struck out 2 times tonight. I hate that, he strikes out way too much.

Sure, there was hope in the bottom of the 9th after the Sox took the lead. DeWayne Wise had a nice hit to lead things off, but after 2 outs, Derek Jeter, who had a deep shot didn't have enough on it. Now it's my feeling that it was clearly catchable, but Michael Kay called it like it was going to hit the subway. He was over-excited and for what? He was channeling Sterling.

Final tonight: White Sox 4- Yankees 3. DRob gets the loss. To be honest, I know Rafael Soriano has pitched 5 days and Girardi wanted to give him a rest, but you have a hot team in the White Sox and you want the win to set the tone...I would have brought him in. But whatever.

Bad bad loss and I'm deflated. Enough said.

ONE FINAL NOTE: 3184 hits tonight for Jeter and he tied Cal Ripken Jr on the all time hit list, he's now #13. Jeter is going to the Hall of Fame... no doubt about it.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017