Monday, August 29, 2011

WHY THE YANKEES SPLIT & GRANDERSON IS KING

(Photo: Getty)
This needs to be brief. It's been an interesting 16 hours. After I wrote about how Hurricane Irene was a big fat baby, that's when the real trouble began. The loss of power and the rising of the water table in my basement have kept us busy. But like I've said before, everyone is safe. I wish I was able to watch the games, but could only listen in between the slopping up of water and borrowing a friends generator. The phones are out too. At moments I feel like it's Little House on the Prairie and my son's going to call me "Pa". The difference is the kids in that show helped their parents. My kids want to know if I know where their DS is. Luckily I have 1 hard line and it's in my basement, next to the furnace. But enough about me, the Yankees split a double header yesterday...this is what I know about it.

In the first came, Zach Britton was able to hold the Yankees down limiting us to 4 hits in 7 innings. The Yankees never scored in Game 1. Bartolo Colon was pitching pretty well, he gave up 2 runs and 7 hits in 7 2/3 innings. But, game over, nothing more to say.(Photo: New York Times)
Final Score: Orioles 2 - Yankees 0.

Game 2 was different, the Yankees woke up. The Yankees demolished Brian Matusz when Curtis Granderson cranked a home run off him and then smashed another in the 7th... that's 2 home runs and that's his 38th of the year. What's bigger is he now leads the major leagues in Home runs. Who would have thunk it? The 2 other home runs came in the 6th inning, back to back to back, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher and then Andruw Jones. Both Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez did not play Game 2.

Ivan Nova pitched the second game and gave up 3 runs on 7 hits in 7 innings. He win his 10th straight and won his 14 of the season.

Final Score: Yankees 8 - Orioles 3.

I wish I could expand more, but I can't. It's been chaotic for me since I last posted, but we're going to get through it. Thanks for reading.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. "At moments I feel like it's Little House on the Prairie and my son's going to call me "Pa"...."

    RFLMAO

    But, seriosly, I am sorry for your loss, being a native of Miami, I know, all too well, about hurricanes and storms.

    As for Grandyman, he is just having an amazing season and I love how he carries himself, both as a player and as a person!

    And let's not forget the kid from San Cristobal....14 wins and going deeper and deeper into games, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017