Friday, November 12, 2010

WHY THERE'S A TEXAS TWO STEP

According to KHOU.com, Pettitte and Berkman both talked about their futures:

Pettitte: "The three years were great here, there's no doubt about it. But at this point in my career, it'll be New York or it'll be nowhere for sure. (I) just feel like I've done too many things up there and too many special things up there with that group of guys for too many years, not to finish it up ... up there," he said.

"I'm just going to wait and see what my heart wants me to do. Right now, I can tell you my heart's right here in Deer Park. If something happens and I play one more year that would be it. It would be one more year and that would be it," he said.

That last quote translates to what I said in my post WHY WE NEED PETTITTE from November 11th. Pettitte is waiting. He's enjoying his family and he's waiting to see just IF Cliff Lee comes to the Yankees, if he does, then Pettitte does. That's my prediction.

Berkman spoke out today about his future as well: "Certainly this would have been my first choice to come back here and play for the Astros, but I think the organization wants to go in a different direction, and so, of course, that's gonna force me to go in a different direction," Lance Berkman said. "It'll be interesting to see how it plays out."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017