Saturday, October 16, 2010

WHY THE YANKS WILL BE BACK

Well, no one told you they would win Game 2. Actually, I did and I'm sorry. That Game 1 had me all loopy and I just went for it.

The Rangers changed the tone of the game in the first inning, 3 stolen bases from Andrus in the first inning, taking advantage of a sluggish Posada and it was a big "F you" to the Yankees. And if you think that was a one time thing, your sadly mistaken. Before the end of the season, I mentioned running and making Yankees pitchers and catchers looking stupid would be a key element in winning against the Yankees. It's reared it's ugly head. If running on an old Yankee catcher continues, the Yankees will lose the ALCS. Let's hope the Rangers forget today. My guess is they won't.

Hughes looked bad today, hit hard, and when he looked like he finally was getting into a rythym, he was pulled. The bullpen did ok, but again, it was all about good pitching today in our starter and in 2 days in a row, it wasn't there. You can't dig out and win every time. Last night was a dream, tonight, not so much.

Cano is the man, a post season to tell his grandkids about and that's great, and Colby Lewis is decent tonight, not great, not bad, but the Yankees needed more than Cano to get runs. Believe me they had shots to do it, they didn't, so turn the page. it sucks. I don't even have the energy to talk about how frustrated I am but they have a day off Sunday. Reflect, work out in the Bronx and get ready for Pettitte vs. Lee.

Series is tied 1-1. I feel good about the next matchup. Pettitte is the man and the Yankees can beat Lee. Lee is amazing and I'd love to have him with our club, but for now, he's the enemy and we have to shut him down and let him throw, so be patient and run up the pitch count. Who knows, maybe he'll suck Monday night.

One thing is for sure, the Yankees need to hit and they know how, SO LET'S GO. We need to have our starters reach the 6th or 7th inning solid. One can only hope.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017