Monday, October 25, 2010

WHY GREINKE WON'T BE A YANKEE

I just read this on Twitter:

"Baseball America identifies Yanks as best fit for Greinke. Who would you give up for him?"

Dare I say... Baseball America may suggest that the Yankees are the best place for Greinke, but Ladies and Gentlemen, he's not going. Trust me. I don't see this ever happening. Yes, he's a young arm and yes, Baseball America's the bible, but Greinke is not a big market pitcher and he feels right at home in Kansas City.

Greinke, from what I know has past battles with an anxiety disorder I just don't believe New York is good for him. I've also read a Jon Heyman piece also that suggests that quote "one competing executive said he is hearing that Greinke will not go to Boston or New York."

Look, could the Yankees trade for him, yes, trades happen and players go places they don't want to go and to be honest, I'm not sure if Greinke has a trade clause, but I'm sure the Yanks won't go after him if Greinke doesn't want to be there... Can you say Randy Johnson or Kevin Brown? Yes, Johnson came in a trade, but it was an obvious struggle. And look, Greinke's no veteran like those guys, but still, we all know the outcome of Randy. His first day in New York he roughed up a cameraman... Remember? Not wanting to be in New York for someone like Randy allowed fans to jump on him when they pitched pourly and eventually, they ran for the hills. He couldn't wait to get out of New York. Now picture a kid with an anxiety disorder.

I'll be writing a post on the rotation soon, just trying to gather my info.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017