Friday, October 29, 2010

WHY MAZZONE'S IN THE MIX

Attention Yankee fans, Leo Mazzone would come to New York to be the pitching coach and guess what... I'm ok with that. Recently I was on Pinstripe Alley’s comments forum when Dave Eiland got let go for "private" reasons and I mentioned the idea of Mazzone coming over to the Yankees. I mentioned that he's a great pitching coach and he was always better with real good pitchers because there were ways of improving them, like in Atlanta. He's the master of tweaking talent. He failed in Baltimore because, let's face it, there was nothing to work with. That's not the case with the Yankees. Anyway, The reply comments I received from Pinstripe Alley readers that day were ripping me. The told me Mazzone was too old, not a good choice. Basically telling me I'm a moron. Well, "Old man" Mazzone is ready to come back to baseball after a 3 year layoff. A guy like Mazzone can't be overlooked. You've got to interview this guy. And let's face it, the choices out there don't look good. Righetti is happy in San Fran, according to Jack Curry from YES, Guidry is not coming back, Aldred is the Yanks Triple-A guy, Um, no thanks. What's left.... Melido Perez? You see what I'm saying? I even heard Jimmy Key mentioned but where the hell has he been for 10 years? Choices are slim. If a well respected pitching coach with plenty of experience under Bobby Cox is interested, why not? He'll be the Buddha of the Clubhouse. The Zimmer to Torre, the Number 2 to Dr. Evil... well, you know what I mean. He may be old, but the baseball knowledge is there. The pitching staff needs some tweaking and he's the guy to do it. Bring it on Leo, we want you in New York.


For more about Mazzone, check out LoHud Yankees Blog. Leo was asked about the Yanks on a Sirius XM radio show and was talking about it. So what do you think? Let me know.


We are now opened to ALL comments, not just Google Registered readers.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017